Thursday, December 1, 2011

1 December 2011 - Decisions, decisions!

Group message-
Today was our appointment to make the decision about treatment for my prostate cancer.  My decision was made before we went to see Dr. Dwyer.  I will be undergoing a radical prostatectomy early in the new year, most likely date being January 9.  It is major surgery and requires a six-week recovery time.  Our plan is that I’ll be well recovered in time to fly to Orlando on February 28 to spend two weeks vacation with our son Andrew, Nathalie and our three grandchildren.  That’s definitely motivation.  I feel very blessed that I have had more than two years of active surveillance without treatment and the many after effects.  I am more than prepared to do the work required to recover from this surgery and am anticipating a very interesting 2012.  That being said, all prayers and positive thoughts will be most appreciated.  I have decided to keep a simple blog during my treatment- the link is www.myprostatecancerpath.blogspot.com.  I have the approval for this from Barb, my children, and my doctor.  In this way, those of you who are interested will be able to check my progress- I’ll be the one posting the updates.
I truly appreciate your interest- I'm so fortunate to have each of you in my corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment