Sunday, December 11, 2011

13 December - Cystoscopy

My next appointment is December 13 for a cystoscopy.  Back in the '90's, I dealt with a urethral stricture which required periodic dilations.  This was not a big deal although it required visits to day surgery to have this done.  Basically it involved the insertion of rods into the urethra to stretch the passage, never the high spot of my day, but there are worse things to endure.  Dr. Dwyer has scheduled this cystoscopy prior to surgery to make sure there are no other surprises.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wayne,
    Really enjoyed your Blog - thanks for your comments on mine. Your experience has been somewhat different from mine, i.e., your cancer was caught earlier since they were watching you more closely - excellent!! The recipes are neat - I like that. They will come in handy post-surgery. I'd suggest counting on longer than a 6 week recovery period. Travel is probably fine, but don't count on strenuous activity. My e-mail is gbreedyk@rogers.com. All best wishes. Gord

    ReplyDelete