Thursday, December 22, 2011

22 December - Instructions for January 4 and so on!

I've had an e-mail from my doctor's nurse with some instructions. 
"Your surgery date is January 9.  We will need you to register at the admitting department at 6:00 am
Surgery is scheduled for 8:00 am.  You will be staying in the hospital a few days.  Nothing to eat or drink after midnight on Sunday night.  If you are on aspirin or blood thinners, please stop 7 days before.
The nurses will call you regarding the questionnaire that you filled in and any bloodwork etc that you may require."  I just had to confirm by e-mail that I had received the message.
Today there was a phone call from the hospital.  On January 4, at 10 am, I am to go to the Admitting office, then to Clinic F for blood work and Clinic D for an ECG. 
On January 9, I am to arrive at the hospital for 6 am without having liquids or solids after midnight the night before.  Surgery will start at 8 am and may take two and a half hours, give or take a bit. 
So that all sounds okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment